Couldn’t agree more with you, Mike Redmond. I tip my cap to you.
Here’s the video of the play, in case you want to see for yourself what the hell happened.
Are you happy, Buster Posey?
Are you happy, Joe Torre?
Are you happy, MLB management?
We’re most certainly not, because the game we know and love is being killed right in front of our eyes. And it’s all your goddamn fault!!
Never count the Feesh out of any game. The specters of 2013 are long gone. Photo: Marlins’ Official Instagram Account.
- Nathan Eovaldi struggled from the get-go, allowing six runs -five of them earned- in 5 1/3 frames: 0 points.
- Mike Dunn wins his team-best 8th game of the year after hurling a scoreless 9th inning : 100 points.
- The Marlins pull an ace from their sleeves, score four runs in the 9th, make Rafael Soriano (L, 2-1) blow the save and beat Washington 7-6 after trailing 6-0: Priceless. Absolutely priceless.
There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard. This comeback was totally thrilling, only second to the biggest in Marlins history: a 14-7 win against Arizona on July 10, 2009 after trailing 7-0.
This one’s for you, buddy. Photo: Andrew A. Nelles/AP (via Yahoo! Sports).
- Henderson Álvarez runs his scoreless streak to 26 innings but leaves the game with a hip injury after a terrible throw by Garrett Jones in the 6th: 0 points.
- Jones atones for his error and ties the game with a sacrifice fly in the 8th; the Marlins score another run on a wild pitch moments later: 200 points.
- The Sun Sox pull a 4-3 win in grand fashion and ruin the Cubbies’ bid for a perfect homestand: priceless.
There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s MasterCard (TM). And those old-time uniforms are just perfect! Maybe, like my tweep Marques McCoy said, they should be made our permanent kits.
Marcell Ozuna scores the winning run. Photo: Marlins’ Official Instagram.
There are some things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s Mastercard (TM). The Feesh took 2 out of 3 against the Museum Exhibits and are now 19-6 at home, as well as getting their 25th win of 2014.
Miami has MLB’s best record at home, with 17 wins against only 5 losses. Photo: Mike Ehrmann/Getty (via FishStripes).
Best. Homestand. Ever. The Feesh wrapped up their nine-game stay at the aquarium with 8 wins. Continuar leyendo
Life is good. Photo: Miami Marlins’ Official Instagram.
When you’re a Marlins fan, you’re automatically defined as a son/daughter of rigor, anxiety and a whole lot of bitten nails. And today’s game, the final of this weekend set, showed it to perfection. Continuar leyendo
This. Is. Insulting. Photo: Washington Nationals’ Instagram.
- Christian Yelich puts a tremendous game at the plate, reaching base five times: 200 points.
- Jarrod Saltalamacchia hits his first HR as a Marlin, a game-tying shot in the 7th: 100 points.
- Carlos Mármol comes in, intentionally walks Anthony Rendón to load the bases in the 8th and then gives a go-ahead Grand Slam to Jayson Werth: Priceless. Freaking priceless.
There are a lot of things money can’t buy. For everything else, there’s FailCard. And this one’s on you, Michael Hill; signing this guy was your idea.